Monday, April 26, 2010

Digital Painting, 1 down, 5 to go....


I'm working on a 4 piece series for a final project currently. Here is a finished piece. It's exploring how a person's identity is associated with the car they drive. I have been meaning to develop and create off this idea, and I finally had the chance to for a project I need to complete. They will all be digital painting, the focus on the person and their vehicle, juxtapose off to the side on the "digital canvas." My friends are all unique, and different traits can be exemplified in each piece. This finished one, for example, is a friend of mine who is a total motor head. The guy cannot go a day without cleaning the body work of his Mustang or doing some sort of auto mechanical tweaking. He is also one of the biggest rednecks I know, and I love it! (There's no shame in being a redneck, I glorify it!) So here he is, drinking some refreshing beer, smoking a Marlboro, and standing in a proud stance next to his pride and joy. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment