Monday, April 26, 2010

Color Study Thumbnails





Ok, so the compositions of these sketches and color studies are being thrown out because they're too static. Too symmetrical, and not very interesting. I played it safe when I sketched these considering they are meant to be on a square CD cover, and I was taking into consideration where the text would be placed. Although these ideas are being thrown out for the most part, I absolutely love the work I did on the color studies, and I feel it was a major corner stone for how I approach digital painting. I am also using these babies for color study reference, as the color palettes used I really like. I was told more experimentation should be used with the colors, but I might just go with instinct and see where I end up, I fear too much experimenting could be a color disaster. These compositions have been built upon for a better idea which I have currently made into my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment