Tuesday, April 13, 2010

3D Illustration is INSANE!


SO! I've just completed a project that needed to involve elements of collage, whether it be paper, drawing over photos, collaging vintage photos, or 3D illustration. I chose 3D because it seemed so entirely unique to me. So I based my piece of the of Jersey Devil, the odd horse headed bat winged creature roaming around the New Jersey Pine Barrens in South Amboy. I wanted to create a full blown, highly detailed Sculpey Devil, but my attempts failed due to the infrastructure poorly supporting the weight of the top of the figure. So, I photographed in pieces, collaged photos of gnarled trees and branches together, digitally painted, and came up with this gnarly concept. 'm almost reminded of I SPY when I look at this piece. But this was my first project ever involving 3D illustration, and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment