Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Raven: Inspired Fashion Illustration


So I've been trying to become accustomed to brush and ink, and then digital color. I don't really like doing this method because SO many other illustrators do it, of course I have to be the pain in the ass that's different. Anyways, I figured, why not do it for a few projects just to become acquainted with it, the more you know the more you gain. So here we go... The Raven is coming out in 2012 I believe, its a historical fiction based on Edgar Alan Poe's fiction stories and how a serial killer is using them to inspire his own killings, and it takes place in the 1800s. I needed to make the movie look cool and "chic" so I took my inspiration from "Murders in the Rue Morgue" and created a glamorous yet gory figure drenched in blood. What's funny is the Alexander McQueen dress I used for this outfit was originally red, so I figured why not make her blood dye the dress red, creating an ombre effect of white and bloody red, after all it is a horror/mystery movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment